When you face dental issues that a simple filling can’t fix, it’s time to consider a dental crown in Boynton Beach. A crown is a tooth-shaped “cap” placed over a tooth to restore its shape, size, and strength, and improve its appearance.
U when a crown is necessary and what your options are is crucial to maintaining a healthy smile – keep reading to learn more!
Is a Crown Necessary?
A dental crown may be the best option for a variety of situations:
- Protecting a weak tooth from breaking
- Restoring an already broken tooth
- Covering and supporting a tooth with a large filling
- Holding a dental bridge in place
- Covering misshapen or severely discolored teeth
- Covering a dental implant
- Restoring a tooth after a root canal
When decay or damage takes a toll on your teeth, a crown acts as a strong cover that shields and strengthens the troubled area.
Exploring Crown Materials
Once you and your dentist decide a crown is the way to go, you’ll explore materials. Crowns come in various substances, each with its benefits:
- Porcelain crowns are popular for their natural look and are great for front teeth.
- Ceramic crowns provide a sturdier option and can match natural teeth colors.
- Gold crowns offer durability and are often used for back teeth.
- Porcelain fused to metal crowns offer a stronger bond than regular porcelain because they are connected to a metal structure.
Your dentist in Boynton Beach will help you choose the best material based on your needs, preferences, and the location of your tooth.
The Crown Procedure in Boynton Beach
Getting a dental crown usually requires two visits to the dentist. During the first visit, your dentist examines and prepares the tooth needing the crown. They might file it down or fill it in to fit the crown properly.
Afterward, your dentist will take an impression of your tooth, which will serve as the model for your crown. You’ll get a temporary crown to protect the tooth while your permanent crown is being made.
On your second visit, your dentist will remove the temporary crown and place the new, permanent one. Before cementing it in place, they’ll ensure it fits correctly and doesn’t affect your bite. Your new crown will feel just like your natural tooth!
Embrace the Crown
If you’re considering a dental crown in Boynton Beach, remember it’s a common and versatile solution to restore dental health and aesthetics. With the proper care, crowns can last many years, giving you a smile you can be proud of.
With this in mind, don’t hesitate to reach out today to learn if dental crowns are the right option for you!